The Agenda has been agreed for our official launch night meeting, to take place in Thomastown Community Hall on Tuesday September 27th, 2016, beginning at 8 p.m.
It is as follows:
- Refreshments will be served
- Opportunity to view information on the proposed structure of the network and feedback to date on areas of interest to the community.
- Shem Caulfield, the Network’s spokesman, will give a short presentation.
- James O’Neill, of Muintir na Tire – which is the national voluntary organisation dedicated to promoting the process of community development – will give a short background to the organisation and how Thomastown Community Network has evolved up to the launch at the public meeting.
Election of Management Group
- The current Steering Committee will stand down
- Nominations and ‘seconding’ will be invited from all present at the meeting and from those unable to attend the meeting, to form a new Management Group.
- Based on the population of the area, 20-25 people will make up the Management Group. Muintir na Tire welcomes a gender balance and as much diversity as possible for this group.
Adoption of the Constitution
- The Constitution will be adopted at the meeting. Any valid changes can be made at the first meeting of the newly formed Management Group.
- The election of Office Bearers will take place at the first meeting of the Management Group. This meeting is proposed for Monday 3rd October at 7.00p.m. at the Thomastown Community Hall.