Every community is all about the people in it, and Thomastown is no different.
You have a part to play in helping make the future of our town better for everybody in it, no matter who you are, and whether you represent a community organisation, a business interest, or even just yourself.
Thomastown Community Network will function most effectively with all points of view in the town represented. We have already elected people to the following roles:
- Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons
- Secretary and Vice Secretary
- Treasurer and Vice Treasurer
- PRO and Vice PRO
- Other officer positions
We invite others to put themselves forward to serve on sub-committees in the following areas:
- Publicity and Communication
- Social (Community Groups)
- Business Development
- Heritage (Built & Natural)
- Landscaping/Open Spaces (including Market Gardening)
- Arts & Culture
- Sports & Recreation
- Health & Wellbeing
- Residential/Residential Care
- Service and Infrastructure Maintenance
All are welcome to get involved at any time. Thomastown Community Network is founded principles of democracy and service to the community, neighbourliness, and self-help in working for community improvement. It values openness, inclusion, and transparency. It is non party-political and non-sectarian.
If you would like to put yourself forward, please contact us.