Our ‘Pumpkins in the Park’ event is getting a great response! We’re expecting a great turnout (weather permitting!).
It will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Quay Car Park on Wednesday November 1 – bring along all your Halloween pumpkins from the night before!
If you would like to be involved, please contact Lisa Karkut immediately, by e-mailing Lkarkut@gmail.com
There are a number of ways to get involved. These include:
- If anyone can source or supply a few square bales for seating for the night, that would be much appreciated!
- We will require a handful of volunteers from approximately 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Even one hour of your time would be a big help!
- Cafés/restaurants might consider serving pumpkin soup to link in with the theme.
- Leave a pumpkin outside your shop or café/restaurant to indicate that you are open that evening.
- Pubs could host a post-Halloween event after the pumpkins are wrapped up at about 8 p.m.
- Get your staff/organisation to bring their carved pumpkins down for the event and arrange them together. You can even make a little sign to go with your pumpkins.
- Decorate your front window for Halloween
- Easiest of all, share details of event on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Have another idea? We’re open to it!
Please note: anyone who brings their own reusable cup can get a free hot chocolate. But you MUST bring your own cup! This is a waste awareness/reduction event part of October re-use month.
Looking forward to hearing from you!