TCN and GlassEye Productions are excited to invite local young people in the age range 16–20 years old to join a special film-making project in Thomastown this summer.
During the month of June we will be working on production of a short video promoting Thomastown and the diversity of community groups that exist here! This is a unique opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience inside a professional video production team.
We hope to recruit young volunteers for variety of supporting roles, including:
- Production: helping to organise film shoot logistics
- Creative: helping to write a script and storyboard the production
- Camera: assisting our professional crew
- Directing: acting as an assistant director
- Editing: helping with post-production and visual effects
- Music: producing and recording a short soundtrack piece
- Further on-set roles including continuity, make-up, runners
To get involved, simply snap a photo or shoot a short video clip that illustrates what makes you proud of Thomastown… and email it to us along with your name, date of birth, contact info (email/phone) and your specific area of interest in joining this production team (i.e. any one or more of the roles listed above). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are aiming to form a team of around 10 young people… so if your family, your friends, your clubmates or your bandmates are interested, please share this and get in touch! Joining this production team will involve attending 3–4 short meetings in Thomastown during the month of June, plus a film shoot day in mid-June.
Deadline for submissions is Friday 25th May, 2018. Successful applicants will be informed over the weekend of 26th/27th May and invited to a first team meeting the following week.
Please note: all roles are on an unpaid, voluntary basis.