The Tidy Towns Two Hour Gang meets on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. to help with projects around town, and is hoping that you might come along to get involved too.
Past projects and ongoing projects by the Two Hour Gang include:
- Building of the Eileen O’Mahony Memorial Bench at Mill Street
- Clearing ivy at Mullins Castle, and repairing the alcove inside
- Placement of the drinking trough as a planter at Mullins Castle
- Ongoing repair of the the town wall at the tennis court area
- Cleaning the derelict house at Maudlin Street
- Clearing Minogue’s Lane.
The Two Hour Gang is loooking for more volunteers, male and female, to come and help out with all these and more. The request is for just two hours of your time – preferably on Saturday mornings, but any other day either, if that suits you better.
Please call Colin at (087) 2186309 if you would like to get involved.